CT scan is a medical examination that uses X-ray technology and a computer at the same time. This examination allows the medical team to see what is happening in the patient’s body. in easy words CT scan is a device used to read the condition of a person’s body.
Can CT Scan Detect Colon Cancer?
Yes it can. Often the doctor will recommend a CT scan for a detailed examination of internal organs such as the large intestine. Since CT Scan lab result is clearer and more detailed than X-ray examination.
Just as we discussed in our previous post CT Scan detect stomach cancer, You may click it since our focus post is same.
Symptoms of Colon Cancer that you should be watchfull
As we said above in the early stages, people with colon cancer usually do not feel symptoms. Symptoms that arise usually depend on the number, location of the lump and size. Signs and symptoms that usually arise include:
- Changes in permanent bowel patterns, can be in the form of diarrhea or constipation.
- Anal bleeding, or blood in the stool.
- Abdominal discomfort that is permanent such as cramps, pain or gas accumulation.
- Sudden fatigue, you may did not know the cause .
- Weight loss without cause.
Causes of Colon Cancer
In general, colon cancer begins when healthy cells in the large intestine undergo changes in the composition of DNA due to mutations. DNA is the source of information from a cell that contains what must be done by a cell.
In cancer, this DNA contains instructions to continue to divide, so that an abnormal mass is formed. Mutations that can cause DNA damage are usually caused by substances from outside the body that can trigger DNA damage and cancer (carcinogenic substances).
Preparation before Test Lab CT Scan procedures
Actually, you don’t need to prepare anything to do this inspection. However, there are some things that you should tell your doctor before undergoing a CT scan. Check out the list below.
- Being pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the near future
- Having heart dysfunction, such as heart failure
- Suffering from diabetes
- Currently taking metformin
- Have asthma
- Disorders of kidney function
Meanwhile, if you do not have these conditions, then you just come to the hospital to make appointment. Shortly before the inspection takes place, they will ask and confirm you this:
- Take off your clothes and replace them with clothes that are provided specifically from the hospital.
- Remove worn jewelry or accessories such as watches, bracelets, necklaces, and rings. You also need to remove dentures, hair clips and hearing aids.
- If you have metallic implantation in the body, such as the installation of a heart ring, or myrrh in the bone, report it immediately to your doctor. The reason is, these objects will block X-rays to penetrate into the body.
- Do not eat and drink several hours before performing this inspection procedure.
When you feel excessive nervousness, you should discuss with your doctor. Your doctor may give you a sedative so you can do a more relaxed examination
If today you find out the symptoms of colon cancer like in the above. We strongly recommended you to meet a doctor. To find anomaly in your body cause we will never know the result till we check it.
The more you quick find cancer in your body you might can save your life longer. Mostly cancer patient can heal, if they find their cancer early.
If you find this post “Can CT Scan Detect Colon Cancer” is helpful for you, please share and comment to support us. Thank you <3